Monday, July 12, 2010

When all is said and done

I know this post is long overdue.I am really sorry.Being a wife and working is settling in quite well with me and I can say that the adjustment period has been good for the both of us.

We do not have a tv just yet so we watched World Cup at mums.

I was never a World Cup fan or even follower.But Andrew and a few of my close friends are really die hard fans.So I am beginning to learn to know more about it and the teams and the players

Its amazing sometimes when I think of it.A few years ago, I remembered telling someone that its really a waste of time watching men running around the field for no rhyme or reason and getting so excited about it.

But now, i am beginning to enjoy knowing more about the game, also getting updates and watching it if its not in the wee hours of the morning.I am not that die hard fan yet to sacrifice my sleep for football.

Which brings me to the point of influence.

By influence, I am beginning to enjoy football just because Andrew and my friends do.

This made me ponder.

Influence is actually easy.

Especially to those people around you.

Stick to what you believe in and keep on doing it and without you realising, somehow somewhere someone will watch what you do and be influenced by it.

Lord I pray that my influence to the people around me will always glorify your name.May I always point people to you and Lord, I pray that you will influence me too as I sit at your feet each day.In Jesus name, Amen

4 comments:

Jan Tie said...

Auntie Sheena! Finally, an update. Glad that you guys are settling well. =)

all3 said...

Glad to read some update from you! Haha...influence in really very true and thanks for reminder that somebody out there are actually watching us. May we be good influence to others around us. God bless you n Andrew you both "grow" together. =)

Cheng K. said...

Ahhh....so someone watches some football...:-) It's true how we can be influenced and how we too can be an influence...Keep up the good work you are doing and keep on being a positive influence wherever you are..you've been an influence in my life too. :-)

Leslie Andrew & Sheena Jeremiah said...

dear, i am sure we can continue to influence others to be christ like...keep up the good work my love.
Btw, we will be watching many other soccer telecasts after world cup...: )