Saturday, February 13, 2010

LOVE



I am a firm believer that the best way to multiply love is by dividing it. Thats what we did this valentine.Andrew, my sis and I together with a number of our financial supporters( they were there with us in spirit:)) spent valentine's eve in Rumah Hope.This was our way this year of celebrating Valentines.Instead of the usual go out for dinner and buy presents doo dah, we opted to visit some of my students who are from Rumah Hope.

I am a form teacher of 1 Kemboja in SMKSAS. When i was going through the enrolment forms of my students this year, i noticed that some students in my class were from orphanages.I spoke to these students to find out their needs and with the help of my ever loving and kind sister, we got some stationaries and gave them to these students.I also promised that I will visit them at their home one day.THAT DAY WAS TODAY!!!!

We catered dinner for the children in Rumah Hope today. When I arrived, i was suprised to see so many other students studying in the upper form from my school also living in the Home. I was really glad I came to visit them.We served them dinner and during dinner, I sat with the upper form students and started talking to them.They poured out about their family background and why were they in the home. Listening to them reminded me to be GRATEFUL FOR WHAT I HAVE IN LIFE, REMEMBER MY HUMBLE BEGINNINGS AND ALWAYS ENJOY SIMPLE PLEASURES OF LIFE.
I shared 2 things with my students.I told them these two things are vital in everyone's life and that without these two, they would probably not make it in life.

One -We need the Lord in our life.

Two-Education is extremely important in life.

I shared with them andrew, my sis and my experiences in life and how they could also come up in life.

I believe that it was a divine appointment that God sent us to the Home.This is my first time doing so.First time for all us.BUT THERE IS ALWAYS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING.

I taught my students this song.I used to sing this song whenever i felt forgotten.

I AM NOT FORGOTTEN
I AM NOT FORGOTTEN
I AM NOT FORGOTTEN
GOD KNOWS MY NAME.

Indeed, he knows all of our names:)

When we were leaving, many of the students asked my sis, andrew and I to come again to visit them.They were very grateful we came. Most of the children from my school came to the gate and waved goodbye.As our car left, some stood on the wall of the fence waving goodbye.

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL AND REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART.

Will i go again?
In a heartbeat, I will say yes.

When God blesses, it always overflows.We had some money to even give another children's home nearby.We drove there and gave them the Valentine present(cash).

Isnt our Papa amazing.

Tonight i thank God that He allowed me to experience His extravagant love.

To God be the glory

In the grip of His love

Sheena


9 comments:

all3 said...

wonderful and beautiful...what u did.

May God bless you richly that you may bless even more...

I'm impressed...and thank God for creating people like all of you.

Such good example and encouragement to all...

A year of spreading His love...

To Him be the glory!

Audrey

Sheena said...

The children are precious in God's sight. The children were satisfied with love and food.We only planned but God opened the floodgates of heaven for this blessings (through our sponsors). Praise to His name. We planned to bless only Rumah Hope but God expanded our gifts to Praise Emmanuel Children's Home. Isn't it a beautiful way to spend our love,time and money ! Dearest Sheena, blessed LOVE day : )

leslie andrew

Jan Tie said...

Lovely blessings u guys were to those children. =) thanks for the very inspiring and beautiful post.

Cheng K. said...

Oh what wonderful news...praise God you folks are doing what He's made you all to do best - touching lives for His glory and getting touched in the process...thank you for sharing this story for it touched me too :-)

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Sheena!!! I haven't "bumped" into you in blogland forever!!! :) This was beautiful and what a heart you have! A woman truly saying "yes" to God!!
What a blessing you are not only to the children, but also to us for sharing your day with us.

God Chaser said...

A very loving and godly way to spend Valentine's Day and to teach how God loves us all. Blessings and thans for sharing

Rachel Olsen said...

This is devotion carnival worthy for sure! :) And I love your letter to Jesus below as well.

Sweet blessings! ~ Rachel

akmj said...

thanks for sharing :)

Sunny said...

Good Job...Keep it UP