Monday, June 8, 2009

I am still here

I am back home with my favourite people....enjoying my favourite food....

This is my favourite time...

I meant to write earlier or sooner

But my bro is also down in kl for a month break so i am enjoying spending time with him.He was down with high fever.My family was quite worried for him but we prayed for him and he is on the mend now.It was quite trying at times as my mum wanted him to eat porridge and soup to get better but he refused.... he wanted curry and fried kuey teow and all sorts of other things.I had to sneak the food at times so my mum would not know.

My sister and i had a good time too on Sat with Andrew.We were accompanying here to her friends wedding in Selayang. Now my sister and i are locals so you would think we would know how to get there easily...Think again.

The wedding was at eight and we left the house at 750pm....Malaysian timing.We arrived at bout 8pm near Batu Caves and drove on straight to selayang.I should tell you that the address on the wedding card was really misleading.

We drove and drove and kept going in circles and ending up in the same place over and over again and it was driving me up the car wall.Each time we stopped and ask for direction, everyone kept giving us a wrong direction.What was worse was when we went to a police station to ask for directions, they did not even know where the building was.

Finally, we called my sis friend(the one who was getting married) and we managed to find our way eventually..... We arrived at the wedding dinner at 910pm.It was really hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.I have never been to a wedding that late and also walking in when some were walking out from the wedding.

My sis and Andrew were a real sport.They were laughing about it and making jokes about the whole incident.If it was just me, i would have freaked out and felt bad about it.Thank God for a lovely sis and fiance.

What did i learn from all this....i pondered on the fact that in life we can also go around in circles and spend precious times if we do not get the right directions in our lives.We could ask people around us for directions in our lives, maybe someone authoritative in our lives to show us the way that we should take and still BE LOST.

There is only one person in this world that can show us and lead us in the right direction.IT'S GOD.It's up to us to ask Him to show us directions for our lives and our future so that we do not have to run in circles and we can enjoy whatever the Lord has planned for us.It does not have to be DELAYED just because we are too busy running our own lives or even listening to the opinions of others without going to God first.

Well thats all for my thoughts now....

Let me know if you have any insights on this...

Sweet blessings

Sheena Jeremiah

8 comments:

Leslie Andrew & Sheena Jeremiah said...

I agree to that...wrong decisions and directions in life can make life frustrating ...

However, driving to Pasar Borong Selayang was a gain to me..
now i know where to get fresh poultry / seafood.......

Wendy Blight said...

Sheena,

I am SO excited you will be joining us. I am honored and amazed that this book has reached women in Malaysia. Something only God can do. I lived in Jakarta, Indonesia for two years when I was in middle school (7th and 8th grade), so I am familiar with your side of the world.

I am thankful you will be part of this study, and I look forward to getting to know you. Do you have an e-mail address you would share with me?

Blessings,

Wendy

Sheena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sheila said...

I second that...looking back, I may have made a few circles in my life trying to be"GOD" of my life.

At times, we want God to do things our way and when that doesn't happen, we feel disappointed and frustrated.

To totally surrender our desires to God may be painful and difficult at times, but be rest assured "In HIS time, HE makes all things Beautiful"

Sheila Jeremiah

hazel jeremiah said...

oh dear sheena wat an experience. never mind any way u showed up at the dinner. better late than never.
have fun on ur holidays. eat lots of kl food before u return to sibu.
love u very much
love kisses hugs
mum

Cheng K. said...

Ha..so that's what happened for the wedding dinner thing. I've not been that late for a wedding dinner so can't imagine what it's like to walk in when some are leaving. I hope you still get to eat some thing.
Prov. 3:5,6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make your paths straight."
This passage came to my mind when I read about what you've learned out of the merry-go-round journey that you folks had. Thank God indeed for those who can look on the lighter side of life. Keep looking up!!! :)

Cheng K. said...

By the way, I've changed my profile name..yet again...yes, fickle minded...

till another time,

love you lots,
kt

Cheng K. said...

Hi, how are you today? I hope you'll get some chance to get on your blog today and read all the comments that have been coming in...like comments from me... :-) Sorry for sounding so egoistic.

Have you heard this one: The egoist is so self-centred that his "i's" are too close together

Take care and eat well...